ENTRY TO CANADA VISAS – Letter of Invitation
If you require a letter of invitation you must register and pay for the conference before a letter will be sent – please, see below for VISA information and links.
Please include the following information in your request:
Address – full with city, country, and code
Paper title (if applicable)
Receipt – proof of payment for the conference.
Please send your requests to:
ENTRY TO CANADA VISAS – Information
Here is a brief summary of the VISA regulations for persons travelling to Canada to attend conferences. Note that the latest and official information on travel to Canada is maintained by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/publications/meeting.asp).
Most people need a visa or an Electronic Travel Authorization to travel to Canada. Some people may only need their valid passport. In general foreign travelers require a visa for stays in Canada. An overview of countries indicating whether its citizens need to apply for visas is listed here (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/visas.asp). For visa exempt travelers, find out more here(http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/apply-who.asp).
|Do not delay in making your VISA arrangements, if needed, for entry into Canada. Processing times by Citizenship and Immigration Canada may take a few months. VISA arrangements are the responsibility of the participants.|
SOME MORE HELPFUL LINKS
- Citizenship and Immigration Canada web site:
- Information on visiting Canada:
- Do you need a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) to visit Canada:
- Visiting Canada – Important information for visa exempt travelers:
- Where to send your application for a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV):
- Video Tutorial on completing the Temporary Resident Visa Application Form (IMM 5257)
- Visa Offices outside of Canada:
- Application processing times:
- Canada Border Services Agency: